Fabulous 4

I haven't had a post in over a month and I decided it was time to finally do something about it.
Almost 3 weeks ago my 3 best friends and I got together for an early 30th birthday celebration weekend.

30. Years. Old.

That makes me feel so incredibly old.  I have decided that I will not be 30... I will be 29 plus 1 year of experience. 🤣

We had been planning on taking a trip for several years to celebrate this monumental year in our lives. We took quite awhile trying to decide where we wanted to go but with Emily being pregnant and me living in Auburn, Alabama instead of Athens, Georgia we wanted some place not too far away from either direction. So we chose Ellijay, Georgia. A quaint little town up in the mountains, stock full of antiques and boutique shopping, this was the perfect stop for us! 

Our cabin was precious and lived up to its name of The Treehouse! But wow-wee the trip up the mountain to get there was way too treacherous in a little 4 cylinder car... 4 wheel drive would be a much better option. haha.
 




Candace, Whitney, and I had a surprise baby sprinkle planned for Emily which actually went off without a hitch! She didn't suspect a thing which was a big surprise because the set-up after midnight on that first night was not the quietest of events!






We enjoyed taking our time eating home made breakfasts out on the screened in porch over-looking the majestic scenery every morning just spending time talking and sharing what was going on in our lives or of those we care about. We did not have any real agenda that we were following. 

The first day we spent in Ellijay antiquing, trying on way too many clothes, and enjoyed a delicious lunch at a little local restaurant called Cantaberry. It was fantastic! We all got a half sandwich and soup. The tomato basil soup was probably the best that I had ever had- a more robust flavor of basil made this stand out more so than any other tomato basil soup I have had before. We enjoyed coffee at a local coffee shop before we left town to head back up the mountain. (Praises go to Candace for mastering this for us twice a day!) We enjoyed watching several movies and spaghetti and garlic bread for supper before we got in the hot tub to relax for a little while to end our first full day.







The second day we went to Blue Ridge to once again shop and look around. It is really nice to have a friend group that all like to look at vintage stores, antiques, and try on clothes or shoes. We had a later breakfast so that we could have a very light lunch and have an early supper. We were doing our Ladies Night 2019 this day so we dressed up in our dresses that we were going to stay in for that. We got coffee at a little coffee shop with a decadent truffle and then went across the street to get something a little more substantial. 2 of us just got a soup and 2 got quiche! We continued our downtown Blue Ridge excursion before we tried to go to Harvest on Main for supper at 5:15 but they were booked solid (or so they said) so we found another restaurant and I am so glad that we did!! We went to Treo and it was fabulous! We started out with a shared appetizer of caprese portabella which is quite possibly one of the best things I have ever eaten. We had a great waiter who made sure we never wanted for anything. After supper we went back up the mountain to enjoy two more movies and hot tub time.







We were not quite ready to leave to head back on Sunday morning but we enjoyed spending time with each other with no real agenda. I can't believe that I have been friends with these ladies for as long as I have. Candace since kindergarten (almost 25 years), Emily since 4th grade (almost 21 years), and Whitney since 6th grade (almost 19 years). It really is crazy to think that I have these amazing ladies in my life and will continue to do so.
We have gone through so many different stages in life together and I can't wait to see what life brings us in the next 5, 10,15, and 20 years!!
But once again... I refuse to say that I am 30.
Happy 29 plus experience forever!






~Anna


Comments

  1. Loved this post, this trip, and this time all together! Cheers to 29+ experience!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment