Athens Twilight Criterium

For the last 6 years I have made it a point to go to watch the Athens Twilight Criterium in downtown Athens. It is a feat that I can never imagine ever participating in. Flying around the sharp curves of the streets of downtown Athens with 80-100 other bikers... No. But that doesn't mean I won't enjoy watching it.
Not only are the races a fun thing to enjoy, but the food trucks are also a big draw. Fried oreos!! Fresh squeezed lemonade! Greek Gyros! My mouth is watering just thinking about it all!
Sadly this year I didn't get to partake in all of the yummies. Having moved to Alabama back last June I wasn't sure if I would even be coming back the weekend of Twilight. I was able to make it back but could only go for the afternoon races.
This was still really fun because I was with Candace and got to actually watch her husband race in one of the amateur races. He did a great job and finished with the leading pack!
Candace and I have taken a picture at the same spot in front of Fuzzy's for the last 5 years so we walked a mile just to take the picture this time!
Enjoy the memories!

2019


2018

2017

2016 

2015


So glad to have these memories as well as pictures!

~Anna






Comments

  1. Such fun times and memories ... and I hope we will continue to get this picture EVERY year if we can!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment