I Am Enough

It is hard to swallow the fact that you are getting older and you are not in the same shape that you were in high school. Honestly, you are nowhere near the same PERSON that you were in high school.  Now hold on-- I am not saying that I want to go back to high school by any means but goodness I would love to be in the shape that I was back then.

I ran a 5K this weekend with my work and it was depressing! haha- I am so out of shape and that is my own fault. But coming across the finish line seeing the time that I clocked for 3.1 miserable miles was a nice kick to the gut. But I did it! Out of my co workers no one wanted to attempt the 5K with me-- they all did the 1 mile fun run so I was all by my lonesome. But I did it.  My goal was to run the first mile without stopping which I did! And my time at that point was right around where I wanted it (right around 10 minutes). But when I think back to 11-12 years ago (wow!) and I was running cross country and track with my best friends in times under 22-23 minutes-- it felt even more of a failure on my part.

But as my friend Candace said-- "Those days are long gone, my friend!" She is totally right!

Why do we compare ourselves to our long gone days? Why do we compare ourselves to others? God has wonderfully made each of us as our own unique beings.

Galatians 6:4 Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else I want to do better about comparing my athletic ability, my size, my achievements to others around me. I will never be a size 2-4 ever again, I will never run a 21:21 5K ever again, I will never go to medical school and guess what? That is all okay! My life is exactly how it needs to be at this time. I am happy and content just where God has placed us at this season of our lives.


~Anna

Comments